25.11.11

Finished quilt for baby

This quilt is finished and I finally have the camera to take pictures of it. And it's lovely. And much bigger than a baby quilt. This quilt will last baby Chandler for a long time.
The red is a linen I fell in love with at Mill End fabrics. It ended up giving the quilt a very different feel than I had first intended. The squares are all Beatrix Potter stories. They came from a panel my mom bought 30 years ago to make a quilt for me. It never happened, but she handed the fabric to me and ... well... here it is.

The fabric around the panels just came from my scrap bin. I finally have a wonderful collection of scraps and I can usually find bits and pieces to finish a quilt, without another trip to the fabric store. 
Of course, the classic Peter Rabbit:

I went with free motion quilting- the backing is just a dark blue flannel. Soft as can be. 

And here it hangs on the crib, just waiting for the little person to join the world so she can use it!

Of course... we have a nursery to show off as well. Pictures of that to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment