10.10.10

cutting apart and putting together

"People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together."
Marilyn Monroe


It starts like this:
Fabric, whole and pretty. Then I cut it into a billion pieces and sew it all back together into this:

which makes me feel like a crazy person. Why cut it all apart, just to put it back together? (do things truly fall apart so they can become something better?) A closer look:

All those pretty fabrics, made into square after square.
From the left over fabric I made the back:

this will be, by far, my biggest quilt. About a twin size. My husband stands on his toes to try and hold the whole things up. So exciting.

Next up: basting and quilting. Some trepidation as I think about quilting this large quilt. But with my handy new walking foot, I'm hoping it will be a breeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment